You’ve already done something extraordinary by becoming a Global Volunteer. The children around the world who rely on others to support and teach them are closer to reaching their full potential because of your generous help. You can continue to help them – exponentially. It’s as easy as sharing your unique story of service! In return, we’ll work with you to help you earn your next service program – simply by sharing your experiences and memories with friends, colleagues, neighbors, family members and others in your social network. Everyone wins – new volunteers you refer, our community partners, and you – on a fast track to a new adventure in service with Global Volunteers!
Terms and Conditions for Alumni Program Credits and Discounts:
- Only new contacts earn the Referral Credit and Discount. The Referral Credit is not earned and the Referral Discount does not apply if the referred person(s) exists in the Global Volunteers database before you give us their name(s).
- The Referral Credit is available once the referred person has returned from their first service program, provided they have paid their service program fee in full and they are not serving on the same service program as you.
- The Refer a Friend program and the Companion Discount are mutually exclusive. You may use the Companion Discount for yourself when a friend, colleague, or family member serves with you on their first Global Volunteers service program. Or, you may give your friend, colleague, or family member a Referral Discount when they serve with you, but then you forfeit the Referral Credit upon your return home. You earn the Refer a Friend Credit when you refer a first-time Global Volunteer and s/he is not serving on the same service program as you.
- Credits can be used only toward a service program fee.
- Neither credits nor Referral Discounts can be combined with a group rate.
- Credits have no cash value; they cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Neither credits nor discounts can be applied to your deposit.
- Credits and discounts are not transferable, and can be redeemed only by the person to whom they were granted.