“We’ve known each other since last Saturday, and I’m amazed at the talent and achievement on this volunteer abroad team. We have a fighter pilot, a journalist, students, entrepreneurs, a biologist, an artist, and master teachers – many of whom have also mastered life’s most difficult task of parenting. I’ve been places, done some things; am perhaps a bit smug about it. But I asked my wife, ‘can you believe what this group has done?’ I gotta go home and get a life.”
“This is my first Global Volunteers program, but I am a veteran of a dozen volunteer abroad projects around the world. Without a doubt, this is the best team environment… Some different teams have conflict, some have outliers, and some types of teams fall apart, but our Global Volunteers team was almost perfect — the best.”
Community Projects Directed By Community Leaders.
You’re a catalyst for lasting change. Every volunteer contributes to their greatest potential, because our inspirational community partners have the vision and local support to direct volunteer projects. Individuals, families, and groups provide “helping hands” – whether teaching English, planting container gardens, providing health care, teaching in the classroom, painting a classroom, or counseling pregnant women. Our community partners represent large and small local organizations, such as:
- Sagrada Familia, a community-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of displaced and at-risk children in Peru.
- The Baptist Workers and Students Coordination of Cuba (COEBAC)
- The Governor’s Office of Siedlce, Poland
- Soroptimist Kathmandu, a women’s economic and social development NGO in Nepal
- The St. Lucia Catholic Archdiocese
- The Iringa diocese of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
- The Ministries of Health, Agriculture and Education, and the Cook Islands Civil Society Organizations (CICSO)
- The Blackfeet Indian Tribe in Montana
- Fundación de Damas Calderonenses, a local women’s cooperative in Ecuador
- Instituto Di Instruzione Secondaria Superiore Polo Liceale Galileo Galilei in Italy
- The Vietnam Institute for Development Strategy (VIDS)