Your Most Affordable Cuba Educational Travel OptionGlobal Volunteers offers the most authentic and affordable people-to-people educational travel to Cuba available. Cuba NOW! centers around the Cuban people. Meet with local students, teachers, artists, farmers, clergy and/or community leaders to learn first-hand about daily life on this island nation - and share American culture, government, education, sports and daily life with local Cubans.
Exhilarating. Thought-provoking. Fun. Global Volunteers’ Cuba NOW! program penetrates the Cuban mystique with an itinerary that weaves an intriguing tapestry of a fascinating and complex country and culture. Every day meeting with the Cuban people was better than the day before! Maria Micale, 2012 participant
Call 800-487-1074 program details. Click for Cuba NOW! Program Itinerary
- Round-trip Airfare from Miami to Havana Included
- Experienced Global Volunteers Group Leader Included
- Eight Day and Seven Night Itinerary Included
- Visa and Required Health Insurance Included
- Four Nights in Havana 4-Star Hotel Included
- Three Nights in Ciego de Avila Tourist-class Hotel Included
- All Meals – Authentic Cuban Cuisine Included
- Daily Immersion in Cuban Life Included
- Daily Conversations with Cuban Students, Teachers, Artists, Farmers, Business Professionals, Clergy & Community Leaders Included
- Walking tours with Cuban guide to Old Havana, Che’s Memorial Included
- Customized Group Events in Ciego de Avila and Moron Included
- Deluxe, Air-Conditioned Coach Transportation Included
- Double Occupancy Included. Single Occupancy Available (additional $400 cost)
What a wonderful time we had in Cuba. I'm convinced that the only way to really learn about Cuba, the old and the new, is through Global Volunteers. For Shirley and me, it was the trip of a lifetime.Jim Herman, 2013 participant
Program Costs and Accommodations
Travel to Cuba is highly limited; only selected organizations are authorized to conduct people-to-people programs. Our license (CT-2012-293344-1), issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control, permits U.S. citizens to legally visit Cuba on Global Volunteers' Cuba NOW! Program.
You will stay in four- and five-star hotels in Havana, enjoy authentic Cuban cuisine, and most importantly, have the opportunity to engage the Cuban people. This eight-day and seven-night program is double occupancy, and includes seven breakfasts, seven lunches, and seven dinners as well as your round-trip flight from Miami to Havana, all local transportation and entrance fees to educational events. Single rooms - limited by availability - are $400 additional. Cuba is not a typical "tourist" destination, and flexibility is essential. Cuban hotels are comfortable, food is healthy and enticing, and local people are engaging and accommodating. Unlike Global Volunteers Service Programs abroad, Cuba NOW! is not a tax-deductible program.
With the slow but certain expansion of travel to Cuba, opportunities for Americans seem now to abound. But not all programs are fundamentally educational, cultural, people-to-people exchange as opposed to facades for tourism. Because Global Volunteers has a tradition steeped in SERVICE the balance is set exactly right. While the thinly disguised tour companies wander thru the maze of setting up visits to things truly cultural and involved with the people (resulting in disjointed trips and unnecessary expenses ) Global Volunteers uses its years of experience in genuine service to create a memorable experience of genuine interaction with the people of this enchanting island. Moreover, no time is spent on explanations and activities that are essentially resort tourism. Everyone in the group was eager to learn, interact, question and absorb, and it was a cumulatively enriching experience to see Cuba first-hand with Global Volunteers. The price is actually less than similar trips booked by tour operators yet the accommodations and meals were excellent.Joseph Steffen Jr.
A Unique and Exceptional Educational Exchange Program!
You can rely on Global Volunteers' recognized high standards of program management and in-country cultural immersion. Travel with family and friends (minimum age 15) and share unprecedented first-hand access to learning opportunities in a wide variety of settings.
- Meet with "ordinary" Cubans. Engage students, educators, farmers, artists, business professionals, and religious leaders in discussions on U.S. and Cuban culture, traditions, and history.
- Share ideas, values and life stories. Education, sports, economics, music, theater, health care systems, history and business are all potential topics.
- Discover Cubans' interests. Local people are well-versed in current affairs, and eager to engage in personal discussions.
- Learn about Cuban community theater, art and/or music. Visit Teatro D' Morón to participate in theatrical performances and to talk with artists.
- Explore Cuban national and regional history. Learn about the roots of Cuban culture and traditions at UNESCO World Heritage sites and/or university workshops.
- Experience local living conditions. Become familiar with Cubans' daily activities through personal visits with community members.
- Discuss U.S. culture, traditions, history, and lifestyles.
Global Volunteers is a private, non-profit organization working at the invitation and under the direction of local leaders worldwide. Since 1984, we've engaged "average" people in direct people-to-people initiatives to cultivate international understanding and respect. You'll benefit from our vast expertise in program management, cultural sensitivity, and global educational exchanges.