https://globalvolunteers.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TutoringinStLucia.jpg 395 1025 Global Volunteers https://globalvolunteers.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2014-GlobalVolunteersLogo-Web.png Global Volunteers2016-01-22 00:51:312021-11-25 22:46:58I decided to leave “my comfort zone” and go to St. Lucia.
I decided to leave “my comfort zone” and go to St. Lucia.
With one day to go before returning home, I have been reflecting on my volunteer experience. While Sue has been very enthusiastic about a Global Volunteer trip, I was unsure if I really wanted to go. After much thought, I decided to leave “my comfort zone” and go to St. Lucia. I was so happy that I made that decision:
- I learned that immersing oneself in another culture is an amazing experience.
- I learned that helping others in only a small way sets the groundwork for the future gains.
- I learned that the students I worked with are motivated to learn and improve their lives.
- I learned that the teachers are committed to improve their student’s lives and the condition of Anse La Raye.
- I learned that it will take a long time to happen.
- I learned that Chem, Warren, and the Global Volunteer staff will make it happen—over time.
- I learned that I need more patience.
- I learned that the volunteer experience is no longer “out of my comfort zone”.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!